Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy Punctuation Day!

Happy Punctuation Day! 



Yes, it's a real day and it is today, September 24th!

And on this day, I choose to honor the interrobang. I'm a huge fan of ?! and wish my computer had a special key just for this lovely punctuation mark. However, I am an abuser of the exclamation mark! I use him entirely too often!!!!! But he's just so exciting!!!!

I am, however, excited to announce that you can create your own interrobang in Word by typing Alt+8253 = 

Also, do you know there is a special mark to denote irony?


Here it is, let your readers know you are being a bit ironic by preceding your sentence with this: ؟

I cannot find the Alt code to make the irony symbol- and well, I find that a bit ironic. ;) But, feel free to cut and paste it from this page.

Flavorwire offers some wacky punctuation marks. The sarcasm mark, love point, and doubt point are all quirky little nuggets worth checking out.

Even dictionary.com has gotten in on the action, with this fun slideshow featuring commonly used marks. 

I hope you have a Happy Punctuation Day and gain a few wrinkles from this post.

,.?/<>;:'{}[]\|"="+_-()*!#@%$^&—‽...¿


Smile :) donnamusing

No comments: