Friday, August 31, 2012

This too shall pass...



This too shall pass...

We've all heard it when going through a trial. We've all said it to someone going through a hardship.
These four words are meant to bring comfort, to remind us that the sun will shine again.
This phrase reminds us that there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.

After "this" passes... whatever the current "this" may be... we should have gained some bit of wisdom that we otherwise would never have the opportunity to receive. However, if you are like me- you may miss out on other good things during the trial.

For instance, “the good things” too shall pass. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the current crisis that I miss out on the good things in my life.

“My kids’ childhood” too shall pass…
“My loving dog” too shall pass…
“Vacations” too shall pass…
“My current age” too shall pass…
“Life” too shall pass…

If you are like me, struggling, hoping, eagerly waiting for those bad times to pass don’t get so caught up in the hardship that you miss the blessings. Endure the battle but still hold the ones you love and enjoy every moment because each moment is a fleeting vapor.

I’ll end with this song. One of my favorites by Third Day: When the Rain Comes.




No comments: