Saturday, September 8, 2012

Who is More Expensive: Boys or Girls?


I've heard many parents complain that girls are so much more expensive than boys. The prom dresses, the make-up, the hairstyles, the shoes, the handbags, the cell phone bill... and dare I say, the wedding!

While I do believe that we, females, trump the deck in all of those areas. I still have reason to believe that boys are more expensive. Give me a moment to explain.

My daughter has never broken a light bulb with her bare hands, punctured a hole in her bedroom wall, destroyed carpet with markers, taken apart a game system just to see how it works (only to lose pieces in the process forbidding any possibility that it will work again), broken appendages from action figures because it is critical to have an amputee, scraped a rake across my car (just to see if it would leave a mark), attacked a camera with a light saber, ruined every pair of jeans worn on a playground... and dare I mention the FOOD!

Even if all of these things evened out in the end, I feel girls are actually LESS expensive because for the most part they actually take care of the things that we spend money on. I'd rather spend money on a handbag that will be used and enjoyed than replacing and repainting my drywall. I think you see where I'm coming from.

This all leads to another question: Are men or women more expensive?
Oh mercy, I better stop while I'm ahead. ;)
I will at least tip-toe into the water... Men are more expensive- the bigger the boy, the bigger the toy!
Okay, I'm not wading out any further. You can... if you dare. Feel free to share your opinion, I'd love to hear it!


No comments: